[LibreOffice] Re: nautilus + terminal

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 9 01:20:14 UTC 2011

On 03/08/2011 04:40 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:28 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> On 03/08/2011 04:12 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
>>> Not for a while. I began to have problems with it so I uninstalled.
>>
>> Installing from the deb won't interfere with your (U)OOo. It will
>> install in the /opt directory and you can run it in parallel with (U)OOo
>> - meaning you can have both open at the same time.
>>
>> Download the debs from:
>> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/
>> (be sure to download the help deb as well).
>>
>> Go to where you downloaded the .gz and ...
>
> You could use the script I posted here a while back - it's
> semi-automated, though it is a command line item.
>
> If you'd like a copy, email me privately - it is tested, works,
> harmless, contains no foul chemicals or other malware, etc.

This one?
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.user/2495>

Thanks, but I prefer to install w/dpkg manually; that way I can watch
the install etc. In addition, I generally extract to a test folder first
so that I can review the .debs, readme's etc., and run simulations just
in case.