Ubuntu with Unity versus Kubuntu with KDE

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 8 07:25:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 00:35:46 -0600
"Cybe R. Wizard" <cyber_wizard at mindspring.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 00:18:01 -0600
> "Cybe R. Wizard" <cyber_wizard at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Don't let's even talk about the idea of full screen defaults for all
> > programs.
>
> ...and, BTW, if I get around full-screen programs (yes, easy) I still
> have a screen full of programs (actually two screens and eight
> desktops) that /all share/ the menu bar /that is hidden by my choice/
> in my setup.  How is this intuitive again?  My little program that I
> have reduced to a smallish size on the bottom right of screen two has
> its menu bar /hidden/ at the top left of screen one.  Oh, great idea!
>
> Cybe

In my VirtualBox 11.04 Unity I just opened LibreOffice and the monitor
settings program.  The Monitor Preferences program has a huge pink,
"Unknown," for the monitor.  That's strange but OK, but it also puts it
on the menu bar as a pink rectangle that says, Unknown," which is just
as helpful as Hell, especially as it is placed over the, "File," part of
the menu bar and refuses to allow my access to same:
http://img3.imageshack.us/i/unitystupidity.png/

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs