Recent netbooks with Solid State Drives?

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Wed Mar 2 04:46:50 UTC 2011

On 03/01/2011 12:15 PM, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I'm about to spend months traveling and looking for a netbook/laptop
> to use for Google Apps, uploading photos, minor photo editing (e.g.
> reduce photo size before sending over slow link), and pretty good on
> batteries and light weight.
>
> There's a good list here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport/Machines/Netbooks
>
> That's a long list to work through, so does anyone here have recent
> experience with any of those listed that can share their opinions?
>
> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley at hank.org <mailto:moseley at hank.org>

I've got an Asus EeePC 900 and I love it. Works great with Eeebuntu [
I'm wondering if they will ever get Aurora going ]. Eeebuntu is/was a
specially configured Ubuntu.I bumped the memory to 2 gig and the SSHD to
64Gig. Battery life is good. I'm sort of torn between a regular hard
drive or another SSHD model if I ever upgrade to another Eee. My other
half has a 1005 with a regular hard drive. My battery life seems to be a
bit better and mine boots up faster.