Best Alternative Operating System To Ubuntu?

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Wed Jun 29 12:27:42 UTC 2011

On 06/29/2011 07:24 AM, Avi Greenbury wrote:

> So Unity is switching to the Gnome 3 libraries? That'd make *some*
> sense, but if that was always the plan I'd expect it to have happened
> before Unity went on general release.
>
> Gnome 3 was, when 10.04 was released, the 'current release of gnome'.

No, actually, twas not... and even now, it's still not made it past
*very* experimental stage in Debian packaging.

While true that Gnome 3 was released in early April, that was far too
late for inclusion in 11.04, which would have had major software
versions frozen well over a month prior for bug clean-up.