Deja Vu all over again!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 00:30:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 15:51 -0500, Billie Walsh wrote:
> I came to Linux when KDE 3.x was pretty mature. When KDE 4. was first
> released there was a huge uproar. It was different. Much ash clothe and
> gnashing of teeth. Much, "I'm going to (insert version name here)." [
> OK, I'll admit that when it was first released it was a mess, but I
> think it has matured a lot already ]
>
> Now Ubuntu is making sweeping changes. More ash clothe and gnashing of
> teeth. More, "I'm going to (insert version name here)."
>
> Does it strike anyone besides myself as amusing just how resistant to
> change the (K)Ubuntu/Linux community is?
>
> I think the real winners are those that embrace the change and move on
> with it. At least for the most part it has worked out that way in my
> case. I'm quite happy with KDE 4.x, and have been for some time.

I'm quite happy with it too, as they thoughtfully provided a
"traditional menu" for the tool bar. I use that, it works like KDE 3 and
I'm happy as a barnacle at high tide. It'll be telling for Unity to
provide such a thing ...or not. If I had the guts, I'd install 11.4 and
add KDE on top of it, just for ducks and grins. Nah... Ric

Linux user# 44256