ZTE MF110?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 07:30:19 UTC 2011

2011/6/26 Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 00:58 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
>> On 25 June 2011 20:51, Tony Pursell <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>> > It would help if you told us what sort of device this is and, maybe,
>> > give us a link to a website for it.
>> >

>> It's a 3g modem. 5 seconds and a search engine told me that.
>
> I think he was just trying to chide the OP into giving more information
> when asking for assistance, at the start. But, it took you more than 5
> seconds... you had to read the email, assimilate, click open a browser
> or at least a new tab, then type, hit return, wait, read what it was...
> more than a mere 5 seconds. Pull my other finger, Alan. Search engines
> do indeed tell us a lot. The thing is is, who's problem is it so who
> does the googling first?
>
> So, for ducks, I entered "ZTE MF110 ubuntu 10.10" in google and there
> are a bunch of links noted. Some report not so good. One guy reports
> "Okay, I have installed a newer kernel (2.6.38 generic) and now
> everything is working fine! I guess whatever the problem was got sorted
> out in the update."
>
> So there you have it. I just resent being the pivot man in a google
> jerk. Took more than 5 seconds to do a decent job, too.

> Linux user# 44256

I'm sorry for not giving more information, but what I wanted to know
was if someone on the list has one and if it worked out of the box, so
if you don't know what it is, I am pretty sure you don't have one…
However, when I read my original post I realise that I didn't say
specifically that I preferred replies from MF110-owners, sorry for
that.

I have also seen the MF110 online, but for some strange reason I only
saw those tested on older versions of Ubuntu, like 9.04 or something.
It seemed like some tricks were needed for making it work on those old
Ubuntu versions, so I kind of hoped that support for it were built in
to at least Ubuntu 10.10.

Anyway, it seems like no one who replied so far has the MF110, so I
guess I'd better search again.

Best regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ