ZTE MF110?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 04:12:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 00:58 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 25 June 2011 20:51, Tony Pursell <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > It would help if you told us what sort of device this is and, maybe,
> > give us a link to a website for it.
> >

> It's a 3g modem. 5 seconds and a search engine told me that.

I think he was just trying to chide the OP into giving more information
when asking for assistance, at the start. But, it took you more than 5
seconds... you had to read the email, assimilate, click open a browser
or at least a new tab, then type, hit return, wait, read what it was...
more than a mere 5 seconds. Pull my other finger, Alan. Search engines
do indeed tell us a lot. The thing is is, who's problem is it so who
does the googling first?

So, for ducks, I entered "ZTE MF110 ubuntu 10.10" in google and there
are a bunch of links noted. Some report not so good. One guy reports
"Okay, I have installed a newer kernel (2.6.38 generic) and now
everything is working fine! I guess whatever the problem was got sorted
out in the update."

So there you have it. I just resent being the pivot man in a google
jerk. Took more than 5 seconds to do a decent job, too.

Linux user# 44256