Natty 11.04 - nearly like 10.10!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 18:30:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 17:45 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 23/06/11 16:31, Ric Moore wrote:
> >> Damn, apparently cheat sheets have become cheat pamphlets now.
> > Nice link, it has about everything one would need to know. Ric
>

> Well, no, it doesn't have everything you would need to know because
> there is more work to be done in Gnome 3 (this in only Gnome 3.0.2 after
> all).
>
> However, I have been using GNOME 3 now for 2 weeks, and have now totally
> switched my "production" machine over to GNOME 3.
>
> I have KDE on my wife's computer and she has random lock-ups almost
> daily. I have had no such lock-ups with GNOME 3. I will be switching her
> over to GNOME 3 in the next day or so.

Which KDE? From where? Mine works just fine. Ubuntu 10.4 with KDE added
afterwards. My machine started to lock up recently, and I went into
firefox, disabled a bunch of addons, and now I have no more lockups.
Yes, you can have too much cruft plugged into firefox. Then it becomes a
great greedy suckling pig, trying to get suck from my CPU. It's not KDE
at fault. Not that I'm aware of. Ric

Linux user# 44256