Tata Photon+ Data Card EC156

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 16:48:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 11:49 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Icarus Alive <icarus.alive at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
> > <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Below is the details of lsusb output in verbose mode for the non
> working Tata Photon+ USB Data Card Huawei Mobile Broadband Model : EC
> 156 HSIA USB Stick Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd in Ubuntu Linux 11.04.
> Please suggest/guide.
>
> Regards
>
> Kaushal
>
> kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$ dpkg -l '*usb-modeswitch*'
> | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name Version Description
> +++-====================================-====================================-========================================================================================
> ii usb-modeswitch 1.1.7-1 mode switching tool for controlling "flip
> flop" USB devices
> ii usb-modeswitch-data 20110227-2 mode switching data for usb-modeswitch
> un usb-modeswitch-data-packed <none> (no description available)
> kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$dmesg
> [29984.647468] usb 2-1.5: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
> address 113
> [29984.742212] scsi12 : usb-storage 2-1.5:1.0
> [29985.741838] scsi 12:0:0:0: CD-ROM HUAWEI Mass Storage
> 2.31 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0
> [29985.757759] sr2: scsi-1 drive
> [29985.758110] sr 12:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr2
> [29985.758380] sr 12:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg4 type 5
> kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$ lsusb
> Bus 002 Device 113: ID 12d1:1505 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
>
> kaushal at kaushal-laptop:~$ sudo usb_modeswitch -I -W -c /etc/usb_modeswitch.conf
>
> Reading config file: /etc/usb_modeswitch.conf
>
> * usb_modeswitch: handle USB devices with multiple modes
> * Version 1.1.6 (C) Josua Dietze 2010
> * Based on libusb0 (0.1.12 and above)
>
> ! PLEASE REPORT NEW CONFIGURATIONS !
>
> DefaultVendor= not set
> DefaultProduct= not set
> TargetVendor= not set
> TargetProduct= not set
> TargetClass= not set
> TargetProductList=""
>
> DetachStorageOnly=0
> HuaweiMode=0
> SierraMode=0
> SonyMode=0
> GCTMode=0
> KobilMode=0
> MessageEndpoint= not set
> MessageContent=""
> NeedResponse=0
> ResponseEndpoint= not set
> Interface=0x00
>
> InquireDevice disabled
> Success check disabled
> System integration mode disabled
>
> usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 15 (on)
> usb_os_find_busses: Found 002
> usb_os_find_busses: Found 001
> usb_os_find_devices: Found 113 on 002
> usb_os_find_devices: Found 112 on 002
> usb_os_find_devices: Found 004 on 002
> [...]

Hi Kaushal

You keep sending us lots of information, but have you been through the
Mobile Broadband set up for this device, that is:

Go to the network symbol on the top right panel, click it and select
'Edit Connections'

Plug in your mobile broadband device.

In Network Connections, select the 'Mobile Broadband' tab and click
'Add'

On 'Set up a Mobile Broadband Connection, you should see the device
listed under 'Create a connection for this mobile broadband device:'  Do
you see it?

Click 'Forward'

In the 'Country or Region' List select your country.  Is that India?

Click 'Forward'

Select 'Select your provider from a list', and select your provider.  Is
it Tata Indicom (Photon+)?

Click 'Forward'

Click 'Apply'

Enter Username and Password, if you have them, and 'Save'.

If you have done all that, does it now work?  You should see it in the
list of available connections under the network symbol.

Tell me where you have any problems with this.

Tony