Boot to external monitor with laptop monitor switched off.Difficult task.

Anthony Renaud anthony_renaud65 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 06:14:41 UTC 2011

Trying to do the task highlighted on the message title the best I can get is: both monitors turned on but on the external monitor just the background image and the mouse/trackpad pointer,on the laptop monitor the rest WITHOUT the mouse/cursor pointer,and I cannot do any useful task just turn off the computer.The GUI app ubuntu has to supposedly configure both monitors just does not work for me.The XOrg application xrandr using the command line could that be of any use? Or change anything in XOrg configure files?