From IRC and a NEW USER: "Ubuntu is so horrible to try and use..."

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Tue Jun 14 11:26:33 UTC 2011

On 6/14/2011 3:33 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
> Huh, since I'm a chicken and still running 10.4, I'm wondering what the
> KDE folks have improved since? The one thing that Gnome lacks, without
> running Compiz, is the ability to just move my mouse pointer to the
> screen edge and pop magically into the adjoining workspace, without some
> key combination or incantation. Gnome makes me crazy without it, so I
> don't use it. If Unity lacks that feature, I'll be just staying with
> KDE. :) Ric

I hope they improved the ugly glass look they have going on.  The only
thing that always ruined KDE for me was the ugly interface, it just
seemed like it was all candy, and I'm not into candy, I preferred the
mat finish of GNOME tbh, I didn't even like the old candy glass GNOME
look that way back 6.10 (or was it 6.04?) introduced, I used Clearlooks
back then I just really dislike the glass look.