11.04 "Classic" Gnome: can Movie Player be removed safely?

David Nelson commerce at traduction.biz
Tue Jun 14 10:11:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have 11.04 but I have reverted to the "Classic" interface and gone
back to classic Gnome.

But I like Banshee and want to keep that as my anchor media player.

I wanted to remove the "Movie Player" distributed with previous
versions of Ubuntu. But if I try to de-install it via the Software
Center, I get a warning that "gnome-core" ("The gnome desktop
environment - essential components") will be removed as well.... That
sounds dangerous...

Can I proceed or will I blow up my Gnome? Does anyone have any advice please?

--
David Nelson