11.04: After Flash update, Firefox won't play Flash videos on BBC news website

David Nelson commerce at traduction.biz
Tue Jun 14 10:16:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have 11.04 (fully up to date). After a recent update involving
Flash, when I use Firefox, the Flash videos on the BBC news website
stopped working for me. The site displays a message "Cannot play
media.You do not have the correct version of the flash player.
Download the correct version".

An example of a page that doesn't work for me is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13726776

But the same video works if I use Chrome.

Anyone got any advice about how I can get my Firefox working properly again?

TIA if so. :-)

--
David Nelson