Unity: how to add shortcuts + shortcut bar is cluttered

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Mon Jun 13 21:20:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, June 13, 2011 22:11, Jayson Rowe wrote:

> To keep an Icon in the Launcher (the Dock on the left) simply open the
> application that you want to keep it's icon there, and right-click the
> icon and shoose "Keep in Launcher".

Thanks Jayson.

So I can't just populate the Launcher by editing some config file? I
really have to open an application first before I can lock it to the
Launcher? Oh well, I think that I can live with that.

I also haven't found a way to change the icons. For example I start
Eclipse with a 3 line shell script that I have in my ~/bin folder, to add
some Java parameters. The result is that Eclipse gets a very boring,
generic icon.

--
Amedee