Unity: how to add shortcuts + shortcut bar is cluttered

Jayson Rowe rowe.jayson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:11:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:

> This may come as a shock to a lot of people but I'm not afraid to say it:
>

> I. Like. Unity!
>

> There. I said it.
>
> It's not perfect, for example I still haven't found how I can add
> shortcuts to the bar on the left side of the screen.
> I also have lots of applications open all of the time (a computer is made
> for multitasking) so the bar on the left always gets very cluttered.
>
> But except for those two little annoyances, I kinda like it. So go ahead,
> hate me.
>

> Now if anyone can help me with these two little annoyances, feel free to
> reply. If you're just going to rant, please send your reply to
> sounder^Wbikeshed.
>

> --
> Amedee

Hi Amedee,
To keep an Icon in the Launcher (the Dock on the left) simply open the
application that you want to keep it's icon there, and right-click the
icon and shoose "Keep in Launcher". As for the being cluttered part - I'm
not sure I can help you there. Mine stays pretty cluttered as well :-) I
also, like Unity - I think it's great, and I'm excited to see how it grows
and matures with time!

Hope this helps,
Jayson