64-bit flash no longer produces sound

Janne Jokitalo astraljava at kapsi.fi
Thu Jun 9 01:19:49 UTC 2011

Hey all,

noticed two flash updates during the last couple of days. I had my chrome open
for several days, so am not sure when the symptom actually started, but after a
reboot, flash videos no longer produce sound. This can be also verified by
indicator-sound-service, which says "No application is playing or recording
audio" when a flash video is being played.

Sound works, though, which I verified with both spotify and rhythmbox.

Besides chrome failing to play audio, so do both firefox and opera.

The system is a Natty (11.04) 64-bit vanilla Ubuntu plus Ubuntu Studio packages
installed on top.

Does anyone else have these problems? Or did I accidentally configure my system
broken, in a manner I can't even comprehend? :)

--
Jaska