Repointing the trash

Michael Comperchio mcmprch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 18:27:27 UTC 2011

Ok, probably a silly question.

When I installed Ubuntu I created (or rather I accepted the default) a
partition of 89 gigs. I was wondering about the size, but after putzing
around in windows I discovered that's the smallest that I can shrink the
NTFS partition on this drive. No big deal really since I created links to
the Documents, Pictures etc. in the old skynet partition.

So. I haven't booted to windows in months. today I decided to clean up a
whole lot of stuff from the NTFS partitions using Xfe. Seems that Xfe sends
all that NTFS crap to the Ubuntu side's trash can. all of a sudden I
couldn't delete any more. trash was full. now I don't know if this will ever
be a problem again, but I was wondering if I can 'ln -s' that trash can onto
the other NTFS drive in my system that has almost a TB of space free?

And is this the right solution?

Michael

"Skynet was a windows computer"