wine set locale

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:54:21 UTC 2011

2011/6/2 Franz Waldmüller <waldbauernbub at gmx.at>:
> hi,
>
> I want to run a windows application "dvdstyler" with wine.
> Reason is that I am on ubuntu 10.04 and the dvd styler version has a bug
> when creating 16:9 DVDs. Upgrading to a new ubuntu version, and installing
> the package from maverick will cause problems with a long list of
> dependencies.
>
> I installed the dvdstyler package with wine without any problems. But when
> launching wine I cannot use german umlaut charcters.
> The following output is shown on the terminal when launching dvdstyler:
>
> $ wine .wine/drive_c/Programme/DVDStyler/bin/DVDStyler.exe
> fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__wsetlocale 0 L"German_Germany.1252"
> fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__wsetlocale 0 L"English_United States.1252"
> fixme:gdi:ExtCreatePen Hatches not implemented
>
> Has anybody an idea how I can instruct to launch this application with a
> correct locale? Germany in the above output looks ok but why is
> "English_United States.1252" displayes as well?

Did you try adding the PPA as mentioned here:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/dvdstyler/index.php?title=InstallationDebian#Lucid_Lynx_.2810.04.29

before messing with Wine?

Alternatively, it looks like you can install from source:

http://www.dvdstyler.de/en/downloads

If you want more help with the above, you may tell us.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net