Setting up network printer

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 03:55:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 14:59 -0300, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:

> Tony,
>
> It won't do any harm, but I guess there's no need to change smb.conf
> [printers] parameters. This "browsing" has nothing to do with the
> ability of the other stations to detect an available printer.

I recently had to configure our lone Ubuntu box on a network of <grinds
teeth> Windows machines. Since the network printer was a HP printer, I
had to load the HP utils and things for it to work on the Windows
Networked HP printer. Maybe it's there and just needs the Linux box to
be configured with the proper drivers? Ric

Linux user# 44256