UEFI and grub2

Hermann J. Beckers hj.beckers at onlinehome.de
Sun Jul 31 08:07:52 UTC 2011

Got a new computer and the above problem:

It came preinstalled with win7 and a UEFI bootloader (?).
Partitions were:
1) 100 MB boot for windows/UEFI (?)
2) ~980 GB for windows
3) 14 GB for (HP) repair/recovery partition

Sofar no problem: I resized 2) to 200 GB, moved 3) at the end of 2) and made a
extented partion with the rest and installed ubuntu 11.04 and grub2 into the
boot sector of partition 5. Only problem is: I can't find a way to add ubuntu
to the UEFI(?) boot loader. I read the articles Goh Lip posted on 2011/06/11
("11.04 boot issues"), but the mentioned windows program easybcd.exe doesn't
work yet with UEFI.

Should I use the repair function of the ubuntu install cd and reinstall grub2
into the MBR? I only care about still being able to boot the windows partition
as well.

Yours
hjb