UEFI and grub2

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sun Jul 31 08:37:58 UTC 2011

On 07/31/2011 04:10 PM, Hermann J. Beckers wrote:
> Sofar no problem: I resized 2) to 200 GB, moved 3) at the end of 2) and made a
> extented partion with the rest and installed ubuntu 11.04 and grub2 into the
> boot sector of partition 5. Only problem is: I can't find a way to add ubuntu
> to the UEFI(?) boot loader. I read the articles Goh Lip posted on 2011/06/11
> ("11.04 boot issues"), but the mentioned windows program easybcd.exe doesn't
> work yet with UEFI.

Hermann, I took some time to answer you well, and looking at my message
where I referred to a web site  which I think explains very well gpt
partitioning....
http://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Install_Sabayon_with_GRUB2_and_GPT_on_a_New_System

Some questions..
o When installing ubuntu, did you set the /boot partition to that sda2,
not sda1 which is actually "boot-grub" which we are not supposed to touch.

o /boot must be saperate from '/', which I think you have on sda5.

  If you reinstall Ubuntu and set /boot to sda2, you should still have
your windows intact.

Regards - Goh Lip