UEFI and grub2

Hermann J. Beckers hjb-news at onlinehome.de
Sun Jul 31 13:28:26 UTC 2011

Am Sunday, 31. July 2011 schrieb Goh Lip:
> On 07/31/2011 08:43 PM, Hermann J. Beckers wrote:

> Now personally (speaking, that is), if your computer is on BIOS, there
> is really no need for gpt partitioning (unless you have more than 2TB
> disks/partition), whereas if your computer is on UEFI (lucky you), you
> have to use gpt partitioning.

See also my last message. So I'm back to square 1? Would gparted offer me gpt
partitions if I'm on UEFI? The welcome/boot screen of this HP Pavillion has
menu entries similiar to "boot from UEFI devices/boot legacy devices"?
And why does the mentioned windows program easybcd has all options greyed out?
As it is stated on their website, it doesn't work with (u)efi yet.

Thanks again
Hermann-Josef