Went Back To Windows(R)...

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 03:18:32 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-31 at 12:50 +1200, chris wrote:
> >  So, I think Jordon's point is that the
> > various manufacturers and distributors will provide the needed support
> > for their devices for Windows, darn near every time, while Linux barely
> > rates a passing nod. That is the real world I think he alluded to.
> >
> > If Ubuntu were to create a "Ubuntu Ready Certification" marketing
> > program, I think we might see more support happen. Even if it were just
> > a web page devoted to user feed-back and notes, but officially supported
> > by Ubuntu personnel and not some third party lame-o effort to get free
> > kit. Just my two-cents. Ric
> and a reasonable idea.
> the kiwi

Red Hat got plenty of toys, which made the propeller heads in the lab
happy as baby goats. Now that Ubuntu rules the cheap seats for Linux
users, and has beaten Red Hat like a white mouth mule for that market
segment, they might as well get all the free stuff and have some fun
slapping stickers on the kit that manages to show some sort of life and
interoperability with Ubuntu Brand Linux. I'd slap one on my computer
for starts. ASUS makes a decent motherboard.

I'll be damned, don't say google isn't my friend.
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/
There it is! But, it seems only for complete systems and not individual
components. Ah well... I don't see a valuable sticker or decoder ring
offered either. :( Ric

Linux user# 44256