Xorg.conf problem

MirJafar Ali mirjafarali at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 23:54:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 12:19 -0500, MirJafar Ali wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Since I don't have xorg.conf in the /etc/X11 directory, I tried
> > creating by issuing the following command
>
> What kind of video card do you have? If nVidia, it will write the
> xorg.conf file for you with the nVidia X server tool. Just set things
> the way you want them and then allow it to write the file. Ric

> Linux user# 44256

Hi,

Yes, I am using Nvidia card. Presently there is no xorg.conf file in the
/etc/X11 and it seems that
nvidia-xconfig requires that file to be present. There just to give a try, I
created one empty file
xorg.conf in that directory, but it seems that the nvidia-xconfig needs at
least one Device, which
I don't know what to put.

Mir