Is there such a thing as a "standard" contacts book?

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Sun Jul 24 20:01:09 UTC 2011

David Fletcher wrote:

> Thanks for the replies, folks.
>
> I've taken a look at a couple of information pages and the whole thing
> looks horribly complex and OTT for something that I would have thought
> ought to be reasonably easy and commonplace.

I have, since my last reply, heard that davical (a web-dav based shared
calendar) also does contacts. It's not as simple as it could be but I
gather it's little more than extracting the package and copy-pasting a
few commands to get it working.

I've no experience with it myself, I've just heard someone surprised to
find they don't need to faff with ldap after all 'cause davical does
contacts for them.

--
Avi