Boot problem

kyan ecw.technoid.dweeb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 05:12:41 UTC 2011

By backlight I mean the screen was not entirely dark, but had its
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlight backlight enabled. There was no
cursor visible. I worked with someone on IRC:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/07/23/%23ubuntu.txt and decided to back up my
settings, erase the system, and restore them. I tried reinstalling various
packages to fix the issue but was not successful.