Boot problem

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sun Jul 24 05:24:27 UTC 2011

On 07/24/2011 01:12 PM, kyan wrote:
> By backlight I mean the screen was not entirely dark, but had its
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlight backlight enabled. There was no
> cursor visible. I worked with someone on IRC:
> http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/07/23/%23ubuntu.txt and decided to back
> up my settings, erase the system, and restore them. I tried reinstalling
> various packages to fix the issue but was not successful.

Okay, thanks for the explanation. Try "nomodeset" then (per my last
message) and let us know if it boots okay. If it boots okay, resolve
with video driver/settings.

If it's video settings, and you need further help, others may have to
come in to help (I am not good in this). If you're on hdmi, and let
others know if that is the case.

Good luck - Goh Lip

--
I thought Fooking is a province in China until I discovered Fook Yew Wine.