Acceptable format for posts to this list

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 10:24:06 UTC 2011

On 5 July 2011 15:11, ANDY <sirald66 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> (In any case, I have altered TB to send future posts to this list in text
>> format only,
>
> Would be nice if web clients like Gmail were 'list aware', so I could tell
> it what is preferred.  For example, Gmail defaults to top-posting quoted
> messages where bottom-posting quoted is preferred here.

Er, no, it doesn't. I'm typing in Gmail right now. Quoted text is just
quoted in the absolutely standard way, with each line prefixed with ">
". OK, sure, it leaves the cursor above the quote, but it is
absolutely utterly trivial to just cursor down to the bottom.

Or use the mouse if you're a weenie. ;¬)

> Also, if I set
> Plain Text in Gmail, its a sticky toggle I have to set back to Rich Text for
> off-list email; a deterrent to messing with it.

Email *should* be plain text, everywhere, at all times.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com