Firefox Alternative

Avi lists at avi.co
Sat Jul 2 10:16:25 UTC 2011

NoOp wrote:

> and generally it will work. If it doesn't, then contact the extension
> provider and ask them to update accordingly. If they refuse, then
> trash the extension as it's no longer worth your time & effort.
> Remember that Mozilla generally doesn't provide the extensions, the
> extension provider does.

I doubt many will refuse, but it seems a bit harsh to decide that the
extension developer is at fault for Mozilla suddenly springing a pair
of major version changes upon them.

Perhaps for the next few releases, now that it's actually been
announced, it'd be reasonable to expect the extension developers to
start building against the current beta almost as soon as a stable's
been released, but that's a bunch more hassle for the developer than the
previous model. It'd be irritating seeing them have to spend time
playing catch-up with mozilla rather than genuinely improving the
extension.

Mozilla doesn't provide the extensions, but they are responsible for
the environment they run in. If Mozilla keep changing the environment
and the extension developers don't keep up, I don't think that's
wholly the extension developers fault.

--
Avi