Firefox Alternative

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 03:48:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 21:14 -0600, ANDY wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:50 AM, Jordon Bedwell <jordon at envygeeks.com>
> wrote:
>

>         There is lots of supporting evidence.  Namely: "As part of the
>         faster cadence, FF5.0 automatically EOL's when FF6.0 is
>         released with users getting silent updates."  -- 8 weeks
>         between 5 and 6 and after that every release will be 6 weeks.
>
> When I initially quoted the 3 month cycle, that was from published
> news sources.  In some Mozilla forums, its become clear that they need
> to get the word out its shorter than that (the 6 week cycle you
> mentioned).
>
> The Mozilla view at this point seems to be forced silent updates to
> the next version.  Everything that breaks in your extensions and
> plug-ins is your problem with the developers of each; they don't care.
> Their support shows nothing about downgrading to a previous version.
>
> A browser that breaks some 9 times a year seems a bit much.

My last update automatically checked for updates in my plugins then
proceeded to run. No major strain there. If it continues to behave like
that, no worries for me. I think what will work better, is by using the
major addons. If you use something obscure, then there may be problems.
I dunno. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256