Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Fri Jul 1 06:05:05 UTC 2011

> On 06/30/2011 03:08 PM, Patton Echols wrote:
>> If you wre not aware, LinkedIn is like facebook for professionals.
>> Unfortunately, the website is not clear when it asks if you want to find
>> other colleagues.  It asks for your email address and password (Yes, I
>> know!) and gives the impression it is going to search it's database for
>> anyone in your address book.  While it may do that, it also spams
>> everyone in your name.
>>
>> You should not tar and feather the users becase they were mislead by the
>> site designers.
> Really? If I sign up for blowup googoo dolls and it mines my email
> addresses&  sends invites to all in my email address book/lists I
> shouldn't be responsible?
I should have been more articulate.  Sure, call him a doofus, hold him
responsible, etc.  Maybe make it into a "teachable moment."  But I was
responding to Pastor JW's comment that I thought was too harsh.  One
foolish mistake does not necessarily mean I will never do business with
that person again.

But then you mentioned he'd done this more than once, Hmmm