Mounting ISO [RESOLVED]

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sun Jan 30 04:23:12 UTC 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:19:08 +0800, A. Jorge Garcia <calcpage at aol.com>
wrote:

> OK, so I didn't mount an ISO, I didn't use a live CD and I didn't use
> virtual box!
>  I used Ubuntu 10.10 plus a SAGE binary. For more details, see my last
> couple of blog entries (see below). Warning, these blog posts are
> long....

Great. Good to hear that.

[off topic] - your blogs - section on Gallileo.
You might want to know another great mathematician, Omar Khayamm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khayy%E1m

who calculated the solar year to 13 decimal points centuries before
Gallileo. I would would think he needed a telescope for that. Like
Gallileo, he was 'persuaded' by the religious authorities to affirm his
'convictions'. But he is better known for his poetry than his binomial
theorems.

Jorge, I mentioned this because if we take mathematics to be an 'exact'
science, facts would be immutable by any persuasion or bias.

Regards - Goh Lip
--
And that inverted Bowl we call The Sky,
   Whereunder crawling coop't we live and die,