Restoring legacy components

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri Jan 28 14:45:10 UTC 2011

On Friday 28,January,2011 08:51 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> Is it possible to set KDE4 to show icons on the actual bl$%dy desktop
> and not in some wretched floating plasmoid

.
.
> I'd like to like KDE, honest I would. I was a big fan of KDE1. But 4
> just repels me on sight.

Nils have replied exactly what I would have said.  :)  But to add, my
desktop is empty of any plasmoids, widgets, short-cuts or the trash can.
Also to be fair to kde, while 4.0 is a mistake, kde4 had been excellent
since kde4.2.2 and keeps getting better (4.6 just released).

Oh, you can create your own plymouth splash theme (with dots if you want
to), the system's there but I don't care for such things and therefore I
don't know how.

Regards - Goh Lip

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.