MOD_DEFLATE

Lisa Muga lisamuga at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:09:53 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Am new to Ubuntu, but i can say am coming up to speed quite fst.

I have installed Ubuntu successfully on my laptop.
Apache 2.0 is installed also and i want to use the compression facility tht
comes with it.

>From what i gathered it is as simple as enabling it.

Q1.*How do i confirm that my application is really compressed. Any available
tool?*

My application is in stored locally in my computer.

Q2. *If i have a proxy server, will mod_deflate hinder any compression to
occur if the application stored in the main server is compressed?*

Please help

lisalisa