LibreOffice - pros & cons with Meerkat

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:20:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:24 AM, Jordon Bedwell <jordon at envygeeks.com> wrote:

> I believe the reference to Libreoffice in the repo might actually refer
> to Natty, which does have it there right now as a testing package:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/libreoffice-core .

Not exactly:

Ubuntu  PPA repository for Libreoffice: (Lucid and above)

     https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ppa/+packages

> People who do not test Libreoffice in Natty testing releases will possibly force Ubuntu to
> keep OpenOffice, which is exactly what we don't want as an open
> community trying to keep open software open.

It will not happen, Ubuntu already uses a modified release of
OpenOffice (Go-Oo fork) that was discontinued for LibreOffice, see
Go-Oo home page: http://go-oo.org/ and Canonical is a LibreOffice
Sponsor: see: http://www.documentfoundation.org/supporters/

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.