Mounting ISO

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Jan 23 08:27:55 UTC 2011

A. Jorge Garcia wrote:
> You say they have an Ubuntu binary?  They didn't used to have one,
> but IDK if the binary will work well.  Maybe I'll try it.  So, what
> do I do, install it with dpkg?  Again, I need a dedicated server for
> SAGE, right?

Well, I'm not so sure what that binary is - for local install or for the
server. Maybe you have a look yourself. Select your appropriate mirror
at <http://www.sagemath.org/download-linux.html> and then follow the
link for 64 bit. There is a file "sage-4.6.1-linux-64bit-
ubuntu_10.04.1_lts-x86_64-Linux.tar.lzma" of 414 MB. From the
instruction at <http://www.sagemath.org/doc/installation/binary.html> it
looks like it is not a package to install but you untar it e.g. in
/usr/local.

Nils