Mounting ISO

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sat Jan 22 22:05:23 UTC 2011

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 05:46:17 +0800, calcpage at aol.com <calcpage at aol.com>
wrote:

> Yup, I just downloaded sage-511-46.iso which is based on Puppy Linux
> 5.11 and  SAGE 4.6
> Where should I put the ISO if I'm not making a new partition. My Linux
> partition is an install of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64bit Desktop.

You can put it anywhere, your home (/home/jorge/) would be good. To look
inside the iso, "sudo mount -o loop sage-511-46.iso" at the terminal. You
may have to create the directory /mnt/iso first if not done already (sudo
mkdir /mnt/iso). Then go to /mnt/iso and look inside. Let us know...

  the directories where vmlinuz and initrd are located? Please provide
their exact names and the directory - example
/sagelive-511-46.iso/boot/initrd.gz or
/sagelive-511-46.iso/live/vmlinuz26  Also please check if there are any
instances of preseed, like /sagelive-511-46.iso/preseed/custom.seed.

Regards - Goh Lip