Mozilla CPU usage

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Thu Jan 20 09:03:11 UTC 2011

On 20/01/11 02:59, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/19/2011 03:51 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Joep L. Blom<jlblom at neuroweave.nl>  wrote:
>> :
>>>
>>> That's the reason I switched to VMware PLayer. Much less use of resources: I
>>> run a rather heavy Windows application (with lots of graphic and sound) and
>>> it use less than 50 % CPU (4-core AMD Phenom II 4 GB mem). Moreover Ubuntu
>>> (or better; Linux) does quite a good job of load balancing (try that on the
>>> latest Windows!!).
>>
>> I couldn't get VMWare Player to work on Maverick, nor VMWare Server.
>> That's why I threw in the towel and went with VB.
>>

> VMWare player works just fine for me on Lucid and Maverick. I've not
> gotten it to work (yet) on Natty Alpha1 (Daily build as of 1/18/11)[1] -
> whereas VirtualBox (4.0.2) appears to be working (I've yet to load any
> VM in it at this point. Start a new thread&  perhaps we can help you
> install; you can then decide which works best for you.
>
> [1] it's being worked on:
> http://communities.vmware.com/thread/293321?start=45&tstart=0

Gary,
Glad to hear from you again but it wasn't me but MR ZenWiz who had the
problem with Vbox and who didn't succeed in running VMware. I use it
rather extensively and have no problems.
I have given up on Vbox as they update every few months and sound is
still very bad (truthfully, I haven't checked the last 5 months).
Related to that however, I try without success to contribute to the
vmware mailing list but until now I only get once a month a subscription
notice. I mail to:
   vmware-users at seas.harvard.edu but I never got any mails.
Do you have a better mailing list?
Joep