Google Chrome and MB3

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue Jan 18 05:17:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 02:21:31 +0800, Kenneth Jacker
<khj at be.cs.appstate.edu> wrote:

> Sorry to reply to my own posting, but I figured out why MB3 didn't
> display the "pop up" menu: Smooth Gestures.
>
> That (very useful) Google Chrome extension "takes over" the mouse (and
> its buttons) in a big way.
>
> When I disabled the extension, the "pop up" appeared with MB3. I
> re-enabled it, and read Smooth Gestures' documentation which indicated
> that "double clicking" MB3 produces the desired behavior.
>
> Problem solved!
>
>   -Kenneth

(Tongue in cheek reply)
Ah, professor (we do have lot's of professors here, don't we?), that's
what we are talking about here. Oh, MB3 is mouse button 3, some of us call
it MRCB (mouse right click button) or just MRB. Of couse, Chrome can let
you change that to MMW (mouse middle wheel or MSW - mouse scroll wheel) If
we had known what you are talking about, we might have answered you
earlier. In earlier versions of Chrome, you cannot even use DBC (double
click) to circumvent this, (I mentioned this when Chrome first came out).
But I am relieved that MB3 is not some arcane application in Chrome I do
not know about.

Heh heh - Regards, Take care, Kenneth. - Goh Lip

ps: by the way, Opera still has the best mouse gestures and can be custom
modified.