create a boot-able disk from an iso file

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Wed Jan 12 07:14:35 UTC 2011

On 12/01/11 02:16, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Joep L. Blom<jlblom at neuroweave.nl>  wrote:
>> well, likewise.
>> Read this blog>
>> http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/2010/03/understanding-viruses-in-linux.html
>>
> I stand corrected.  Nice article.
>
> I would note, however, that this article does not discuss worms, which
> are yet a fourth kind of malware that have infected the UNIXverse
> before - one rather infamous one in particular.
>
> There are also other kinds of security exploits, for which we
> frequently see updates.
>
> But strictly speaking, Joep is quite right - there are no UNIX or
> Linux viruses per se.

Thanks!
And of course I agree that with disregard of simple precautionary
measures any system is vulnerable, just as your house. Especially with
respect to worms this is true and don't forget > 70 % of all computer
fraud is internal, one of the most famous is the case of the programmer
of a banking program who transferred all figures < 0.00 to a secret
account when rounding off (that was in the eighties). Due to
carelessness he was caught not due to intelligent "sleuthing".
Joep