create a boot-able disk from an iso file

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:47:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Bill Stanley <bstanle at wowway.com> wrote:

> Very good news!  Now some further questions.  On the download page of the
> Ubuntu website I see that there is a separate web-page for netbooks.  What's
> the difference (if any) between a laptop and a netbook.   I suspect that I
> do not want the netbook version.  Should I go to the desktop download page
> and select 64-bit desktop?  I have, up to now, used only a traditional
> desktop.  Are there special procedures to use when installing Ubuntu to a
> laptop?

Bill,

I guess you hijacked your own thread, wasn't the subject "create a
boot-able disk from an iso file"?

I also suppose you want the desktop edition for your notebook. But I
could be wrong.

Simple rule:

More than 3.5 GB RAM memory -> 64 bit system

(Although I have a 2 GB station that runs happily on 64, installed by mistake)

As for special instructions regarding laptops installs, better put
them on the table because they tend to warm your lap and people say it
isn't good for your... sorry, too much OT...

L.

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Ubuntu AMD64