Odd chrs in filenames <OT>

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:07:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 11:28 -0300, Mariano Jara wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 02:13 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Plus, they use some sort of crazy
> > Windows/Yahoo mailer that sticks their posts into a single-cell text box
> > that you cannot middle or bottom post to, or copy from. I'm insane from
> > it. Gill Bates hates me personally, I know it. <gibbers> Ric
>
> The same thing happens over here, and I have to copy & paste to a
> plain-text editor like gedit and back to the email message to get rid of
> that single-cell text box. It really makes replying to an email a
> painful and frustrating experience.

If someone knows how to filter out that text box cell thingie I'd love
to know of it. I too have to open gedit, copy from the original email
from "da boss" and paste it to gedit and then copy/paste from gedit to
the webpage creator. A pure pain in the tail.

I suspect that Yahoo does that to "copy/protect" the contents, just so
the NSA knows exactly who wrote what when, without it being edited??
That, or they use some sort of compression technique to enhance their
server-farm hard drive's capacity. That is where all of the 40 meg hard
drives went to, I bet. My boss uses Verizon, who farms out the email to
Yahoo, which shows up in the message headers. I loathe Yahoo. I really
really do. :( Ric

Linux user# 44256