installation hangs

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 11:14:11 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 11:59:58 +0100
Pierre Meurisse <pierre.meurisse at laposte.net> wrote:

> > I tried to install both ubuntu-10.10-netbook and edubuntu-10.10 and
> > in both the installation hangs in the step "Configuring
> > hardware" (not 100% sure these are the exact words).
> >
> > I've installed Debians and Ubuntus many times and never encountered
> > such issues.
> >
> > This particular computer is a small netbook based on the Intel
> > Atom, a Classmate pc (the model is a Magalhaes, version 2, from
> > Portugal).
[snipped]

Have you tried a distribution specifically targeted at the Atom?  I'm
thinking of something like Easy Peasy linux, about which you can find
more here:

http://eeepc.itrunsonlinux.com/the-news/250-easy-peasy-linux-released-for-netbooks

Its based on Ubuntu and might be a better option.

--
Graham Todd