Flash Drive problem

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:27:10 UTC 2011

Den 2011-01-04 21:10:41 skrev Patton Echols <p.echols at comcast.net>:

> I have been given a compact flash card with the request that I recover
> files from the card.  When a usb card reader is plugged, no reaction.
> I've looked at the log viewer and there are no messages in any log when
> the card reader is plugged in w/o card (I think that is normal) and no
> messages in any log when the card is plugged in - pretty abnormal I
> think.
>
> I have tested the reader with another card.
>
> Any thoughts on getting a reaction from this card?

You have tested your card reader with another card, and that proved that
your card reader works?
Have you also tested the card (the one that doesn't work in your card
reader) in another card reader?

The only time it happened to me that a card didn't work in my card reader,
the card was broken (which I found out by testing it in other card
readers), except one when I tried a Memory Stick card in my reader,
because there is no Linux support for Memory Stick for my card reader…
When you tested your card reader, did you test it with a Complact Flash
card? Well, I don't know what kind of card reader you got, but most of
them support many kinds of cards.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg