Automatically mount USB flash drive to "/media/a"?

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue Jan 4 12:12:19 UTC 2011

On 01/04/2011 07:41 PM, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Goh Lip<g.lip at gmx.com>  wrote:
>> Use labels?

Felix, before I start, I must inform you I use Kubuntu and I am not sure
if this applies equally for gnome.

> By the way, what happens if devices are connected, having the same
> label?

Heh heh, I don't know. I just make sure this will never happen.

> And what happens if you connect a device that is formatted with a file
> system that does not have a label?

In Kubuntu, it will be something like "/media/kingston_data_2gB" or
something like this, even if it is in fat format. And I don't have any
problem if I don't label them.

However, I am beginning to see your point, that if you put in 2 similar
unlabeled usb drives, what would that show and how does the system
differentiate them?  Maybe "/media/kingston_2GB(1)" and
"/media/kingston_2GB(2)" ?

Again sorry, Felix, I really don't know as I usually label them. Would
others here be able to point out?

Regards - Goh Lip

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.