Automatically mount USB flash drive to "/media/a"?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Tue Jan 4 13:14:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:
>> By the way, what happens if devices are connected, having the same
>> label?
>
> Heh heh, I don't know. I just make sure this will never happen.

Just tested it with two devices, each with one partition labeled TEST.
Result:

  /media/TEST
  /media/TEST_

>> And what happens if you connect a device that is formatted with a file
>> system that does not have a label?
>
> In Kubuntu, it will be something like "/media/kingston_data_2gB" or
> something like this, even if it is in fat format.

FAT *does* support labels.

> And I don't have any problem if I don't label them.

Just tried it out with a Minix formatted partition on a USB flash drive.
The Minix file system does not support labels. Result:

  /media/disk

That's actually fine. Now, I would like all devices to be just visible
as:

  /media/disk
  /media/disk_