Changing time, Ubuntu 10.04 Live USB

Mark Widdicombe mwiddicombe at shoprite.co.za
Mon Feb 28 06:10:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 22:19 +0100, Are Venes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have searched the web and found similar problems like mine but can`t
> seem to find any answer.
>
> How can I make my live-CD show the correct time? It currently displays,
> hwclock +1 hour.
> Example:
> I run sudo hwclock , output -> 22.06
> I run date, output -> 23.06
>
> The date(time) is also what is shown in the upper right corner..
>
> I have tried to set the clock there via preferences and then choosing
> "set system time" and it corrects
> the hwclock correctly, but once I restart the live-system we are back
> with the differences.
>
> Does anyone know where the scripts or codelines that sets it back is
> located?
> Suggestions for how I can avoid the problem, or solve it? Really needs
> the clock to be
> set to the hwclock at boot time.
Hi Are,

Any changes you make whilst running from the live CD will not be
persistent, so you will have to make the changes each time you boot from
the live CD.  If you want the changes to be persistent, consider running
your live environment from a USB stick instead of a CD.  Do this by
creating an ISO using something like Remastersys, then create the USB
stick by running System --> Administration --> Startup Disc Creator.

Regards,
Mark

Disclaimer
http://www.shopriteholdings.co.za/pages/1019812640/disclaimer/E-mail-Disclaimer.asp