Beagle stopped working after update

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Wed Feb 16 06:27:19 UTC 2011

Hello Ioannis,

Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 2:17:50 PM, Ioannis wrote:

IV> On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 14:14 -0800, rikona wrote:

>> N> Tracker was moved out of default in lucid:
>> N> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=names&keywords=tracker
>> N> and into universe primarily due to the many complaints & bugs:
>> N> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tracker
>>
>> N> I purged tracker some time ago & switched to recoll. That said, I've not
>> N> tried tracker in quite awhile, so perhaps it has improved since the
>> N> lucid 0.6.95-1ubuntu6 version.
>>
>> That is the version that is offered in synaptic for 10.04, and the one
>> I installed. As you say, no improvement... :-)

IV> You installed 0.6.95, not 0.8.17 that is available in Ubuntu 10.10.

Would it be likely that an install of 0.8.17 would work in 10.04?

IV> Anyway, if you clean-install Ubuntu 10.10, give it a try first.

Does Beagle work in 10.10?

If there were 2 or 3 reasonable search tools in 10.10, I might
consider that more seriously. So much for LTS as a good LT solution...
I was expecting important tools to keep working.

I appreciate your help and advice on this.

--

 rikona