RhythmBox No longer downloading cd information

sktsee sktseer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 01:09:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 18:27:42 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:

[snip]

> My nephew came over today. He got his first mp3 player. He has 10 cd's I
> was going to rip and then put on it. I hate to admit this but, I ended
> up doing 9 on my XP laptop using Media Player in less time than it took
> to do 8 of 14 tracks with Rhythmbox. That is so very sad in my eyes. I
> have a good computer and yet from the looks of it, you would think I had
> crap.
>
> I might try banshee to test it out.
>
> What do you use to rip cd's?
>
> wade
> --

sound-juicer, or Audio CD Extractor as its known in the Software Center.
It's simple, but my multimedia needs are quite modest. :)

It really will be sad if they can't get this issue fixed for the 12.04
release, since Rhythmbox is supposed to regain the status as default
media player.

--
sktsee