Newbie query: Ubuntu vs openSUSE

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 22:21:33 UTC 2011

> *worse* by doing "everything else possible to find a solution".
> Then, when the newbie finally requests help from the list, the people on
> the list have to deal with a completely messed up system.

Let's give this thread an end shall we.

I think several folk early on gave good advice and i think my own was
appropriate regarding testing distros on a spare machine
in order
a] to learn linux [e.g. updating etc] as well as individual distros.

b] by using a single machine one will then know whether a problem is that
PC or the distro.

When learning there is no substitute for self teaching by testing and
experimenting. When i asked a technical question once about Aptitude i had
rudeness which was totally out of order. That's the way this list seems to
be going.

james